Tuesday, September 26, 2006

good luck

My luck seems to come in waves. Never a smooth balance of good and bad, I seem to be deluged with either sorrow or joy. Now, I am definitely on the upswing, because not only is Robert's health good, my agent gave me some news about my upcoming book Lissy's Friends. It seems that Merrymakers has officially made an offer for the licensing rights and there will be a...

LISSY DOLL!!!

Yes, it's true. That little Asian girl in my painting is going to be made into a plush doll. The book and the doll will be released on the same day, May 17th...which also happens to be my birthday! I think it's a sign. I'm going to have to have a BIG book/birthday party! Who wants to come?

12 comments:

R said...

ME!!! :D

alvinaling said...

Me, too!

Elaine Magliaro said...

I'll bring the chocolate cupcakes and mushroom pierogies!

Grace Lin said...

yippee! that's 3. Anyone else?

Nicole Tadgell said...

I'd love to celebrate with you, too! I can mix up a keen salsa. :)

Congratulations!

tumbletell said...

hurrah! how exciting!
count nelson, leo and i in!
(and some cupcakes?)

irideout said...

The release of a little Asian doll is fantastic! :) Make sure to blog about it again when it comes out, so I remember to run out and buy the book and the doll for my little girl. Never while growing up did I imagine having a little Asian doll!

Nancy said...

oh that is so cool!

Libby Koponen said...

I'm in. And remember the idea about having it on a boat and hurtling all the plates overboard after dinner.

But I'll come -- with book and Lissy doll --whatever kind of party you have. This is so exciting!

Unknown said...

That's great...but now I want teh whole family of characters!!! I want Fisher Price to make them all into "little people" complete with Olvina, Markely, and Artichoke pets!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations - that is fantastic news!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Grace, how excited we are to have an Asian doll to purchase. My daughter is Asian and there aren't many multi-cultural dolls available. We love your books and own almost every single one. We met you in Boston last year and made you sign all of them. You are an inspiration to so many people. Keep the books coming. Thanks, Lisa and Ella