Saturday, April 07, 2007

a new hope

Ah, it seems that our car has been hearing all the bad things I've been saying about it because it continually beeps and flashes an angry red warning light at us. Finally, I looked up the light meaning and was a bit alarmed when I read, "If you see this warning light, pull over to the side of the road and contact a mechanic immediately." Hmm, that doesn't sound good.

And it wasn't. When we brought it into the garage, the mechanic shook his head sadly over our vehicle as if it were a dying animal. I took this as a cue that it was time to buy a new car.

So, we have put in our order for a new car! Most of the specs went right over my head, as Robert is the car person in our family, but there is one thing I did get excited about. We are going to get a navigation system! Robert has finally reached his limit with my directional disability. "You CAN'T drive using the force," he tells me (as I tend to steer aimlessly, hoping that a correct direction will reveal itself to me), "We are getting you a navigational system. You need one." And I do, I really do. This might change my life.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Very cool, Grace! My husband is desperate for one of these and our "new car" decision depends upon it.

Listen...I'm looking for an author photo for your Edge of the Forest interview. Do you mind sending one my way as soon as you possibly can?

kidslitinfo@gmail.com

Thanks!! Kelly