Tuesday, February 13, 2007

6 weird things, plus an extra

Gail, whom I've only made the acquaintance of over the internet, has "tagged" me. I'm suppose to post 6 weird things about myself with this rule:

Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.

I'm not very good at following instructions but here's my best:

1. I'm allergic to the telephone. I would rather write a letter with blood pricked from my finger than communicate verbally. Of course, internet pixels are more preferable than blood.

2. I own a cell phone that I never use, because of weirdness #1. However, I continue to pay the unnecessary expense because I keep thinking I might need it in an emergency. However, whenever an emergency happens, I usually have left the phone at home or it has run out of batteries; and I have to mooch someone else's phone.

3. When I do talk on the phone, I speak 10 miles a minute--so quickly that people think that I am in a rush to go somewhere and must leave RIGHT AWAY. In reality, I don't have to go anywhere, but I never clarify that to the other person because I don't want them to know how weird I am about talking on the phone.

4. I speak better Italian than I do Chinese/Taiwanese, to the chagrin of my mother but the delight to Robert's grandmother.

5. I speak better dim sum than I do Italian or Chinese/Taiwanese to the delight of my dim sum companions (and my stomach).

6. Working at home, I have been guilty of wearing pajamas all day. This has become so routine that I no longer even feel embarrassment getting packages from the UPS guy in such alluring attire (flannel bunnies)...and neither does he!

Strangely, I only know 6 people to tag and they are the blue rose girls. So, girls, if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged. Of course, you can just ignore it and pretend you didn't see this too.

Alvina
Anna
Libby
Linda
Meghan
Elaine

*Hey I just remembered one more weird thing that is so weird that I have to add.

7. Two or three years ago I had a run-in with someone (about what is not important but she was really mean to me !). After she left I said, "What a witch! I hope she falls into a hole!" The next day she came in with her ankle all bandaged up and limping...she HAD fallen into a hole. Yeeks!

4 comments:

Lady Strathconn said...

I totally hate the phone. I make my husband order take out. I don't even really like to talk to people I know and love.

alvinaling said...

Oh, gosh, I'll have to think about this.

gail said...

Glad you joined in! #7 is really wierd. I bet it makes you think twice before having bad thoughts about someone...or maybe not. ;)

gail

Elaine Magliaro said...

Grace,

I think the weirdest thing about me is my personality. I am a tad different. I guess that's what comes from attending strict parochial schools for twelve years in the fifties and early sixties.