Ah, tommorrow is Chinese New Year and I officially have to stop signing my book, "Happy Year of the Dog!"
I like Chinese New Year, because I feel like it's my second chance. By this time, my new year resolutions have already been broken, so Chinese New Year allows me to, um, readjust, my previous goals.
Regardless of my personal shortcomings, the Year of the Dog has been a pretty good one for my book. It's been fortunate enough to garner several positive reviews and accolades. So a lucky little book, if I do say so myself. And, just because the Year of the Dog is gone, doesn't mean the book is, right? Right?(That was my transparent plea for you to buy my book. Good thing red is a lucky color for the holiday, hopefully my blushing gives me good fortune).
• 2006 Fall Publisher’s Pick
• Starred Booklist Review
• 2006 ALA Children's Notable
• 2006 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) GOLD Winner
• 2006-2007 Texas Bluebonnet Award Masterlist
• 2007 Nene Awards Recommended List (Hawaii's Book Award Chosen by Children Grades 4-6)
• 2007 Cochecho Readers' Award List (sponsored by the Children's Librarians of Dover, New Hampshire)
• NYPL 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing 2006
• Kirkus Best Early Chapter Books 2006
•2006 Booklist Editors' Choice for Middle Readers